The application season opens on November 1. For all graduate programs, review of applications will begin on January 1 and will continue throughout the spring semester until all positions are filled. The final application deadline is May 15. For funding consideration, the deadline is January 1.
During the application process, you will be uploading the following documents electronically:
- A statement of purpose, consisting of a narrative (1-3 pages) that addresses the following:
- Your interest in the field
- Professional or academic background
- Area of intended specialization (also indicate with which professors you intend to work)
- Career aspirations
- Your particular interest in Florida State University
- Your curriculum vitae or resume.
- A recent paper in art history, preferably in your major area of interest, that demonstrates your abilities in research and writing.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all higher education institutions attended.
Note: You will still need to send official copies of your transcripts to the Office of Admissions, but an unofficial copy will be sufficient for the department to review your application.
- Unofficial copies of GRE scores (and TOEFL scores for International students).
Note: You will still need to send official copies of your test scores to the Office of Admissions, but an unofficial copy will be sufficient for the department to review your application.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably by Art History faculty with whom you have studied. You will identify three recommenders in your application; they will then be notified by email that their letters are requested.
- (Museum & Cultural Heritage Studies applicants only): An additional statement of intent indicating whether you are interested in interning at the Ringling Museum of Art during your second year of study.
Note: All students who wish to claim Florida residency for tuition purposes will need to complete and fill out the Online Residency Form with their application. You will have to do this even if you are currently attending Florida State University, or have already received a degree from FSU.
If you have any questions about the application process please contact Academic Coordinator Juan Barceló-González.