Using VPN to connect to FSU files:
To access FSU Art History files from off-campus, you must connect through VPN (a virtual private network). The first time you do so, you will install AnyConnect on your computer. After that, opening AnyConnect will connect you to the network quickly.
If you are unable to access the file server using AnyConnect, contact Jean Hudson to request the files you need by filename.
- Open a browser (Firefox works best) and go to VPN.
- Log in using your FSUID.
- Click AnyConnect in the left column.
- Click Start AnyConnect in the center column.
- In the next windows that pop up, click Allow. It is safe to allow this small application to be installed on your computer. You may need to enter your computer username and password to allow the installation.
- When the process is complete, AnyConnect will be a new application in your Applications (or Programs) folder. Hereafter, you can just open AnyConnect and click Connect.
Return to Art History File Server Instructions