Summer Fellowship Opportunities with the Philadelphia Museum of Art
Currently the Philadelphia Museum of Art is looking to fill three Fellowship openings:
Deadline to apply is February 19, 2020:
About the Museum
- What We Do
We are Philadelphia’s art museum, a landmark building, a world-renowned collection. A place that welcomes everyone. We bring the arts to life, inspiring visitors—through scholarly study or creative play—to discover the creative spirit that lies within each of us. We connect people with the arts in rich and varied ways, making the experience of the Museum surprising, lively, and always memorable.
- Who We Are
Our values define who we are. They drive the way we do things and the decisions we make. We are open – we welcome everyone, opening eyes and minds to the expressive power of the arts. We are connected – we sustain and strengthen the communities we serve, bringing together diverse audiences. We are vital – we bring the arts to life, engaging visitors from Philadelphia and around the world. We are provocative – we believe that the arts can change the way we understand ourselves and how we see the world.
- Working Together
We expect every employee, department, and division to work collaboratively with all others, inspired by a shared purpose. We respect each other as individuals and colleagues. We encourage innovation and support one another’s efforts, recognizing that innovation involves risk. We are an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks to employ a diverse group of people who embody our values.
- What We Offer
Our employees are at the center of the Museum. We want to ensure they are engaged in their work and rewarded for a job well done. We offer generous benefits and compensation depending on the position such as:
- Extensive paid time off, including up to four weeks’ vacation, five personal days, and twelve sick days per year
- Retirement savings program with Museum match
- Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits at low cost to employees
- Fully paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Museum Perks – tickets for special exhibitions, store and café discounts, free general admission for immediate family, reciprocal memberships with local and national museums, and more.