Job Opening: Department of State Hiring Museum Education Program Specialist, Deadline October 25!
Salary: $33,500 – 34,500
Posting Closes: October 25, 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, executes, and evaluates interpretive and educational public programming, special events, educational outreach, and community outreach for the various audiences of the Museum of Florida History.
- Responds to public inquiries and assists with scheduling educational and outreach programs.
- Serves the public through effective public programming and comprehensive visitor services.
- Staffs the visitor desk as needed; conducts opening and closing procedures.
- Develops interpretive and educational materials, including lesson plans, special outreach materials, and materials for teachers and students.
- Reviews resources for accuracy, clarity, and effectiveness.
- Oversees the accurate recording and reporting of statistics relating to citizens served, programming, and volunteer service.
- Conducts an audience survey program for educational programs.
- Works with education and visitor databases
- Provides staff support for museum activities and events, serves on committees that further museum goals and objectives.
- Serves as an education/interpretation team member on exhibit teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in history, museum studies, anthropology, education, or related field and one year of experience in an education position, six months of which is at a museum or similar cultural heritage organization.
Apply Here: https://jobs.myflorida.com/job/TALLAHASSEE-DOS-MUSEUM-EDUCATION-PROGRAM-SPECIALIST-45000304-FL-32301/1085584900/