UNC Greensboro Hiring! Assistant Professor Contemporary Art History, Apply Now!
UNC Greensboro Hiring: Assistant Professor Contemporary Art History
Greensboro, North Carolina
Application Review Begins: October 30, 2023
The School of Art at UNC Greensboro is seeking a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Contemporary Art History, with preference for Twentieth and Twenty-First Century American art histories, broadly conceived. Ideal candidates will have experience implementing asset-based and culturally responsive pedagogies when working with diverse students. The successful applicant for this position will contribute to pre-existing strengths in American art histories within the School of Art by teaching a 3/3 standard load, directly serving the Art History area’s curricula, while also assisting in the further development of that curriculum. They will also have Graduate Faculty Status and serve on MFA thesis committees in one of the most diverse and robust fine arts graduate programs in the Southeast, helping to foster the futures of contemporary U.S. and global art practices.
- Ph.D. in 20th and/or 21st century Art Histories or related field OR A.B.D. with expected completion Fall 2024
- Contemporary art histories, broadly conceived
- Work engages with interdisciplinary approaches and/or addresses global/trans-national connections and issues of diaspora, migration and belonging.
- Object-based, gallery, experiential, and/or social-practice pedagogical teaching experience.
- Asset-based and culturally responsive approaches to working with diverse students.
- Active record of scholarly research, curatorial contributions, and/or other engagement with the field
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Advise and actively mentor undergraduate students
- Cover letter including discussion of scholarly training and pedagogical experience, and articulating qualifications
- Resume/curriculum vita
- Statement of teaching philosophy, no more than two pages
- List of 3 references with names, mailing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers
Questions contact Dr. Elizabeth Perrill, Search Committee Chair, email@example.com
More information: https://spartantalent.uncg.edu/postings/27389