The University of North Florida seeks a full-time, non-tenure-track faculty Curator of University Galleries & Instructor, to begin in the fall of 2024. This is a 12-month appointment with the College of Arts & Sciences.
The responsibilities of the position include managing UNF’s three unique university gallery spaces, including two campus galleries (the UNF Gallery of Art and the Lufrano Intercultural Gallery) and the UNF Gallery at MOCA Jacksonville.
The successful candidate will hold an appointment as Instructor in the Department of Art, Art History, and Design, with a teaching load of two courses annually in the fields of contemporary art history and gallery/curatorial practice, making best curricular use of MOCA Jacksonville and the university galleries. Course schedule is determined by departmental needs in consultation with the department chair.
The Curator of University Galleries is also a vital part of the curatorial team at the Museum of Contemporary Art Jacksonville, working with the Senior Curator and other staff to develop and coordinate a curatorial agenda across the university galleries that serves the needs and interests of students, faculty, MOCA, and the public. The position serves in this capacity as an essential liaison between UNF and MOCA to facilitate broader university engagement with the museum and its programs.
SALARY RANGE: 62,000 to negotiable
• At least an MFA in Fine Art or an MA in Art History, Museum Studies or a related field;
• Minimum of two years’ experience in curatorial or gallery/museum management fields;
• Teaching experience in museum studies and/or art history
• Academic or professional background in issues of contemporary art (history, curation, exhibition, interpretation, etc.);
• Excellent skills in verbal and written communication and organization;
• The ability to work independently on multiple curating practices;
• Experience with art handling and ability to hang, install, deinstall, etc.
• The ability to work collegially and collaboratively across programs and departments with college and museum faculty and staff, university administration, visiting artists, and community members;
• Preferred qualifications: terminal degree and experience with marketing, publicity, public engagement, and fundraising/development in the arts.
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Dr. Scott Brown, Search Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org or Megan Dennerlein, 904-620-4037
1. A cover letter detailing your educational and professional background and interest in and suitability for the position;
2. Statement addressing curatorial and pedagogical philosophy;
3. Curriculum vitae;
4. Unofficial transcripts (finalists will be required to submit official transcripts);
5. Samples of professional work (e.g. published scholarship, materials related to exhibitions curated, other materials relevant to the position responsibilities) (upload files or provide website link to materials online);
6. Sample course syllabus;
7. Examples of prior course assignments or mentored student projects;
8. A list of three references with contact information (uploaded under document type “Department Specific”).
Recommendation letters and Official Transcripts are required if invited to an on-campus interview. The materials will need to be sent by February 01, 2024
You must apply online at www.unfjobs.org and submit all required documents to be considered an applicant for this position. UNF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action Institution.
Official transcript can be sent to Jenny Hager, Dept Chair, email@example.com
or by mail
University of North Florida Dept of Art 45/2022
10/31/23, 10:18 AM University of North Florida Job Vacancies | Curator of University Galleries/Instructor | Print Preview
1 UNF Drive Jacksonville, FL 32224
POS# 336950 Gallery Director (Instructor) Search